The exact construction year unknown however Park Superintendant Frank MacDougall's annual report for 1934 notes the construction of a new cabin at Hurdman Creek. The eight foot high walls were made of cedar logs and the building was topped with a 'cottage-style roof of lumber and three-ply paper.' Superintendant MacDougall estimated that the roof would last ten years and the cabin twenty. His estimates were exceeded because the cabin is located on a very remote canoe route in the northern edge of The Park - well away form the major canoe routes. When The Park decided to systematically burn down all cabins, this cabin was spared because the burn order simply never came.