Old Dam, South River

45°49'59.04"N, 79°03'54.95"W, ElEvation. 418m

10 of 80

This dam was constructed in 1903 by the The Turner Lumber Co. They held the timber berths in the area at the time and ran log drives down the south river from its headwaters at Winifred LAke from 1902 to 1907. Shortly after, the S.C.Co. received the timber berth and the dam remnants were likely abandoned in 1907.